Public Works

The Public Works Department is made up of two operating divisions:  Utilities and Maintenance.  The Maintenance Division handles general maintenance and upkeep of County buildings, grounds and vehicle fleet.  Utilities Division handles the County-owned/operated water and sewer systems and closed former County landfill sites.

***On or about September 19th – 21st, the County will conduct Fire Hydrant Testing and Flushing throughout the Central Garage Water System. When flushing fire hydrants there is a slight possibility that there may be some discoloration of your tap water due to the process. The water is still safe for consumption, but it would be advisable to forego performing laundry activities as this discoloration may cause staining of the clothing until the discoloration in the water has cleared. We will attempt to notify you, the customer, as close to the actual date of Testing and Flushing so that you will be aware of this planned activity.***

Contact Information

King William County Public Works Department
180 Horse Landing Road #4
King William, VA 23086

Maintenance Division Phone: (804) 774-8065

Utilities Division Phone:  (804) 769-4962
After Hours/Emergency: (804) 769-0999
Fax: (804) 769-4964

The Public Works Department is located in the County Administration Building at 180 Horse Landing Road, behind the colonial courthouse.

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.


Brian L. Purvis
Utilities Manager
(804) 769-4962

Anthony Hedgepath
Public Works Operator


Bobbie Tassinari
Interim Maintenance Manager
(804) 774-8065

Walter L. Elliott

W. Larry Peele

Frankie Reed



If an employee of King William County or someone housed in a County-owned building or facility becomes aware of a maintenance need, please do the following:

To enter a non-emergency (routine) work order e-mail, and include the following information:

Building and Room/Area
Reason for Request
Name of Contact Person
Phone Number of Contact Person

EMERGENCY requests should be phoned in to 804-774-8065 (leave voicemail if needed).


King William County operates a central water system that serves the Central Garage area, including King William High School, Central Crossing Shopping Center and McCauley Park and Kennington subdivisions.

Click here to view the King William County Master Utility Plan.

To start, transfer, or disconnect water and/or sewer service, please contact Beth Dandridge, King William County Finance Department, at 804-769-4965 or  If water service interruption has occurred or is pending, payments may be made through the Hampton Roads Sanitation District at or 1-866-533-1567.  Once payment is complete, contact Beth Dandridge with the payment confirmation number to reinstate service or avoid interruption. Payments will also be taken at the King William County Finance Department at 180 Horse Landing Road, King William, VA 23086.

For a water or sewer emergency during regular office hours, call  804-769-4962.  For 24 hour emergency water and sewer service, call 804-769-0999.

Click here to view the facilities charge schedule.

Click here to download a water and/or sewer account application.

Click here to download a HRSD Water/Sewer Connection Application

King William County Standards

Miss Utility



Adobe Reader Up date your Acrober Reader by clicking the icon to the left.

  • Contact Staff

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.